Parmesan-crusted strip roast
Strip Loin Roast
- 1 beef Strip roast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons minced shallots
1/2 cup panko or rustic bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cheese, parsley and shallot in food processor; process until finely ground. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in panko. Press panko mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.